Based in Québec, Canada
Early Access: February 1st 2019
Foundation is a grid-less, sprawling medieval city building simulation with a heavy focus on organic development, monument construction and resource management.
In this strategy/city-builder/economy simulation game, players must create a prosperous settlement as the newly appointed lord of a region untouched by man.
Setting to redefine the city-builder genre, Foundation puts the emphasis on the organic aspects of urbanism in the cities of old, powered by Polymorph Games’ proprietary game engine, Hurricane, which allows for full mod support and is optimized for the thousands of moving parts that come with building humongous cities.
Among other things, the engine provides the player with robust building tools, to create countless unique monuments that will seamlessly integrate into your settlement.
With medieval architecture and urbanism at the forefront of its design, Foundation’s vision is to allow players to recreate cities of that period as they envision them or even as they really were.
- ORGANIC URBANISM OF THE MEDIEVAL ERA: Create gridless and organically sprawling cities that grow like actual medieval cities.
- LAY THE FOUNDATION, THRIVE, AND PROSPER: Weave a complex web of interactions between inhabitants needs and skills, resource availability, extraction, and goods production.
- UNIQUE MONUMENT CREATION TOOL: Craft and design original free-form monuments like Abbeys, Churches, Lord Manors, Castles and more, with our proprietary node-based tool.
- FULL MODDING SUPPORT FOR THE COMMUNITY: Share characters, buildings, quests, and even real topographies through our mod-support tool and be part of the Foundation community.
- POWERED BY OUR OWN HURRICANE GAME ENGINE: Experience a city-building game engineered with a dedicated, tailor-made, in-house engine built with our unique vision in mind.
- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK BY PARADOX VETERANS: Immerse yourself in our blissful soundtrack by talented composers who worked on titles such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV!
Early Access Trailer YouTube
OST: Main Theme YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Winner of Editors Choice "Best in Show" award - IndieDB, 2018
- 2nd Players Choice "Best Upcoming Indie" award - IndieDB, 2018
- Grand Winner "Best Sound Design" award - MIGA, Montréal, 2018
- Grand Winner "Best Game" contest - Catapulte, Québec city, 2017
About Polymorph Games
Polymorph Games is a videogame company based in Quebec City, Canada, founded in February 2016 by two veteran game developers. Its mission is to deliver immersive City Building experiences for PC and consoles platforms.