Happy Friday everyone!
Just in time for the weekend, the Minerals and Craftmanship Preview Update 1.6.0.0522 is now Live!
We are looking to gather focused information and feedback on the new content. Therefore, for testing purposes, only the Valley map is available to play in the preview build. To get the full experience of the preview build we have also limited the save files on the preview build so you will need to start a new game that you will then be able to save and load as normal in the Preview.
Note: Custom maps are still available however these will not currently contain the resource nodes that are part of the update.
Mods will also require updating by the mod creators and modding community and will not be immediately playable.
Let us know what you think…
We hope you enjoy the Preview and we would love to hear what you think.
If you would like to send in your feedback you can do so via this feedback form.
You are, of course, also welcome to discuss the game and report bugs as usual on the Steam discussions forums or join us on our Discord server.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you and reading your feedback!
We have a bunch of new features and content included in this preview build of the upcoming update. You can find a changelog below and more detailed information on some of the new content can be found in our previous announcement here.
- New minerals sources that can be prospected and extracted
- New production chains related to minerals
- Buildings can now have multiple placeable parts
- Builder now has his workshop
- Builder’s workshop can be extended with crafting extensions
- New unlockable builder’s workshop parts
- New crafting feature: craft sculpture, stainedglass and jewels (not all available yet)
- Bailiff can have mandates assigned like prospecting minerals and influencing estates
- New notification panel
- Pathing can now go through buildings that have multiple entrances
- New customizable fountain
- Parts that are built instantaneously activate its function, thus, no need for an entire monument to be built before it becomes usable
- Church capacity is now considering multiple cores
- Gold has been separated in two new resources: Gold Coins and Gold Bars
- Improved performance when editing a monument
- Transporters will now carry materials to construction sites
- New uniformized build flow between buildings and monuments
- Builder’s workshop and artisan extensions: sculpture, stainedglass, jewelry (not all available yet)
- New mineral sources and quarries installations
- New Glass Smelter
- New Gold Smelter
- New customizable fountain, stainedglass
Characters and animations
- New miner’s job outfit and animations
- New Glass Smelter & Gold Smelter animations
- New grass texture
- New cliff texture
- Add mods hot-reload with Ctrl+Shift+R
- Add creation of new asset and data types, and extending existing asset, component and data types
- Add creation of behavior trees and custom behavior tree nodes
- Add access to events
- More details can be found on the wiki
Preview build access instructions (Steam)
If you would like to take a look at the Minerals and Craftmanship Preview build you can switch over to it via the Steam Betas in your Foundation properties.
- Choose Foundation (Steam Library)
- Click Manage (Cog)
- Click Properties
- Click Betas (tab)
- In the “Select the beta” dropdown choose Preview
(If you don’t see the preview option restart Steam)
Preview build access instructions (GOG)
If you want to take a look at the Minerals and Craftmanship Preview build you can switch over to it via the GOG Betas in your Foundation configuration details.
- Choose Foundation (GOG library)
- Click settings
- Click Manage installation
- Click Configure
- In the “Beta channels” dropdown choose Preview