Fall Content Update – v1.4 is LIVE!
Hi everyone, the Fall Content Update is now LIVE!
We have a lot of exciting new content in the Fall Update as well as new features, changes and fixes.
You can check out the full changelist below:
The Fall update sees the addition of a new production chain starting with the Dairy Farm.
- Produces Milk from Cows
- Added: CowsAdded:
- Milk resource
The Cheesemaker is the next progression in the new production chain. Milk, produced at the Dairy Farm will be processed into Cheese by the Cheesemaker.
Cheese can then be sold at the market as a food resource to satisfy villagers’ food needs.
- Produces Cheese from Milk
- Added: Cheese resource
The Tavern will be a place for your villagers to relax after a hard days work, where they can purchase some wine and also get themselves a hot meal if there is one available.
The Tavern, as all other Monuments, consists of multiple Monument including a Service Counter, for storage and staff, which combined with the Public Lounge will allow you to sell wine to your citizens. The Kitchen will provide meals that will be bought (if available) when wine is purchased.
There are also many decorative items that you can place on your Tavern which will give you even more creative options to decorate and personalize your creations.
The stone bridge now includes a host of new decorative items added that you will can snap to the bridge. With gates, a portculis and bridge towers, to name but a few, you will be able to make an impressive waterside entryway to your cities.
- Added: Bridge decorations
- Improved Bridge Collision and pathfinding
- Added: Warning of incorrect placement
Monument functions will see some changes in the new update, these changes bring a new feature to Monuments which will allow you to choose which Monument part is assigned a particular function.
Some factors of the Monument parts will have an influence on the Monument functions, for instance, the capacity of the part and the quality of the materials used.
The Fall update will also see the introduction of the Great Hall, where you will host any Envoys that visit your settlement but will also bring an added bonus of doubling the Splendor for the Monument part that it is assigned to.
For now, the Horse will only be used by the Envoy to bring you quests but there will be more functions for the Horse in future updates.
- Added: the Horse
- Envoy visits the Great Hall
Another new feature on its way in the Fall Update will see the introduction of multiple workstation animations which will increase the number of animations within a production building.
We have also updated and improved on some of the previous animations.
- Added: Envoy animations
- Added: Grindstone animation
- Added: Bakery oven animation
- Added: Market tender animations
- Improved: Harvesting animations
- Fixed: Some animation character rotation
- Monuments now have 3 tabs:
- General – General Information
- Edit – Edit Monument
- Parts – Shows parts; allows function assignation.
– New delete option per part
Within the Parts tab you will be able to assign varying functions to some of the parts using the new assignable functions feature.
Some functions will require extra maintenance costs, hovering over the function will show the effects of the function being assigned.
Other changes to the UI and UX include:
- Updated Tutorial
- Confirmation popup on part deletion
- Taxes collected now show in the budget window
- Major improvement to the Monument assemblage experience
- – Monument parts can now be attached in 3D, so players only need to place the mouse to a node to have the part attach.
New Immigration factors
Immigration is now governed by:
- Added Capacity to some building parts
- Bonus to bailiff depending on building part splendor
- Updated maintenance costs to include capacity
- Removed: Leather
For the first time, modders will be able to import their own map in the game.
- Added: Map importer
– Allows for the import of heightmap data for the creation of custom maps
Here’s an example of a Quebec City imported map:
Other Modding Additions
- Livestock and tool prefabs are now exposed and usable for modding
- New buildings, building parts, resources and jobs assets are now available.
- A resource can now have multiple resource types
- The market tender behavior is now available
- Building part functions are now assets, declared individually.
– Core building part functions have also been exposed to the API.
- Fix: Infinite loading on low-end computers
- Fix: Bridges (pathfinding / collision)
- Fix: Do not remove bridge pathfinding connections when placing an obstacle under it
- Fix: Removed housing lvl 2 door at the wrong location
- Fix: Adjust housing collider sizes
- Fix: Warehouse & granary resource visuals
- Fix: Granary Collision
- Fix: Forester planting multiple trees standing at the same spot
- Fix: Fishing spot heights (all maps)
- Fix: Rustic Church Basement
- Fix: Beekeeping entrance
- Fix: Avoid crashes when mods are disabled or changed