Lords and Ladies, we are excited to present to you the Minerals & Craftmanship 1.6 Update, now live on Steam & GOG!
Savegame compatibility warning: 1.5 saves will be compatible but some of your buildings may be removed if they were placed on one of the new mineral deposit sites.
Also, note that your builders will now require a Builders’ Workshop.
It’s a big one, so let’s take a look at some highlights of what you can expect in the new update and let you get quickly into discovering the new minerals and crafting up some masterpieces!
Discover and Extract New Minerals!
New Mineral deposits can be found scattered throughout the maps, containing nice shiny new minerals, from gold-rich veins to glittering quartz nodes. These deposits can be prospected by your Bailiff in order to identify the ore they contain.
Inside the Mineral deposits your Bailiff will find both rare minerals as well as more common ones such as Iron. Once discovered the minerals can be extracted by clicking the deposit and building a quarry.
Extend your Buildings and Build Masterpieces
Buildings can now be extended with new parts. The first building extensions will take the form of crafting workstations that can be added to the Builders’ Workshop. These crafting workstations will allow your builders to craft various objects such as sculptures and stained glass.
Note that Builders’ Workshops are now mandatory for the building of any construction.
Masterpieces are sets of specific parts that can be added into a monument or be built as a standalone building. They are unique creations that will give your village unique perks once built. In total, there are 9 Masterpieces to discover and build.
Each masterpiece will unlock when specific conditions have been met. For example, this could be when your soldiers emerge victorious from a faraway mission.
All of the new minerals can be used in production buildings as well as in the new Masterpieces. Further, new production buildings have been introduced to refine these minerals to be ready for use, such as the new Gold Smelter that turns Gold ore into Gold bars, the Glassworks that will work quartz into glass as well as a Jeweler who will make good use of any gold and gems you might find.
The Bailiff’s role has been expanded and can now undertake Mandates. These mandates will range from prospecting the new resource deposits to gaining influence with an Estate or researching blueprints. Yes, the scholar was unhappy and has now left!
Pathing Inside Buildings
Villagers can now path through monuments! This means that Monks can now get to those inner courtyards and soldiers can protect the pass. Pathing inside buildings will allow particular villagers to enter and exit through separate monument doors. Pathing will have conditions so that only those that should be allowed through can get through.
Word of your settlement is growing stronger. Not only will there be visits from envoys but there will be new visitors arriving at your village. Pilgrims might visit your shrine masterpiece and one of your monuments, that is perfect for taking in guests, might also receive a visitor under certain conditions.
Even More New Features
As you may know, we are working on a full UI overhaul. In the meantime, you will notice a new notification panel that will help to see warnings of potential issues in your village as well as a log of your missions and quests including currently active quests.
Bridges can now be raised in height as well as length. Yes m’lord, you can now raise your bridges up high, the sky is the limit!
The List Goes On…
The Minerals & Craftmanship update will also include:
- New animations
- New modding functions and capabilities
- New sounds
- New improved grass and cliff visuals
- 9 new achievements
- Plus many fixes and improvements
You can check out the full changelog below:
- New: Minerals sources that can be prospected and extracted
- New: Production chains related to minerals
- New: Masterpieces
- New: Productions chains
- New: Buildings can now have multiple placeable parts
- New: Builder now has his workshop
- New: Builder’s workshop can be extended with crafting extensions
- New: New unlockable builder’s workshop parts
- New crafting feature: craft sculpture and stained glass
- New: Bailiff can have mandates assigned like prospecting minerals and influencing estates
- New: New notification panel
- New: Pathing can now go through buildings that have multiple entrances
- Add: Completed monument parts activate its function, (no need for an entire monument to be built before it becomes usable)
- Add: Gold has been separated in two new resources: Gold Coins and Gold Bars
- Add: Improved performance when editing a monument
- Add: Transporters will now carry materials to construction sites
- Add: New uniformized build flow between buildings and monuments
- Add: “getting started” section to help menu
- Add: Davenport now sells gems
- Add: Allow multiple transporters to carry materials to construction sites
- Add: localization
- New Builder’s workshop and crafting extensions: sculpture, stained glass, jewelry
- New mineral sources and quarries installations
- New Glass Smelter
- New Gold Smelter
- New customizable fountain, stained glass
Characters and animations
- New miner’s job outfit and animations
- New Glass Smelter & Gold Smelter animations
- New grass texture
- New cliff texture
- fix: soldier/monks could get stuck on bridges
- fix: Wooden Keep Door B
- fix: tavern bridge bug
- fix: transporters and builders flow (pause & builder allocation)
- fix: missing tavern chimney texture
- fix: path finding issues when house upgrading
- fix: crash when the same game file is empty
- fix: crash when closing the game due to unsupported OpenGL version
- fix: rare crash with promotion
- fix: clear preview on bridge
- fix: freeze on clear preview
- fix: wooden bridge entrance PATH & slope locator position
- fix: showing bulldozer button on destructible building when under construction
- fix: mod list disappearing when scrollbar is added/removed
- fix: crash when destroying building too close to map edges
- fix: rare crash during tax collector collection
- fix: drop-down scroll bar behavior
- fix: wooden keep stair colliders
- fix: a crash in mod list menu
- fix: rare crash in workplace list window
- fix: building parts are not child of the core part anymore
- fix: crash with public lounge function activationfix: crash with
- notification window
- Add: mods hot-reload with Ctrl+Shift+R
- Add: creation of new asset and data types, and extending existing asset, component and data types
- Add: creation of behavior trees and custom behavior tree nodes
- Add: access to events
- Update: example 02 mod bridge
- Update: Remove Mover from Building Part Asset
- Update: Batch all Modding logs in a single file to avoid opening too many files
- Update: Foundation log file and mod log file are now readable during execution
- fix: asset retrieval by scripting ID was not allowed in some cases
- fix: VS Code snippets
- fix: restore some missing textures
The full modding changelog can be found on the modding wiki.
Let us know what you think or discuss the game with our awesome Foundation community on our official Discord server.
– The whole Polymorph Games team